19 August 2024

RPGaDay 2024: Day 19

19. Sensational session

"Sensational" is a strong word, but from a GM's point of view, I'll take it to mean an enjoyable adventure with a satisfying resolution, a great group of players, and a comfortable gaming location. I was running a homebrew adventure I had written for Timeship that began at the O.K. Coral in Tombstone, moved to San Francisco via train, and ended in Shanghai via steamship. The players included some of my oldest friends and our younger brothers. The location was a luxurious conference room (complete with kitchen!) at our local university library. One of my friends had reserved the room for us, despite the fact that we were high school and junior high school students who had no connection with the university. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience under perfect circumstances. Amongst other things, a barroom brawl was started, a U.S. President was rescued, and a manmade earthquake was averted. (Hurrah!) I consider that session sensational.

[For more information on #RPGaDay (or #RPGaDay2024 specifically), read this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment