16 August 2023

RPGaDay 2023: Day 16

16. RPG you WISH you owned

I shall interpret the "role-playing game you wish you owned" as one that has never been published, because otherwise I would merely be sharing my wish list of mostly out-of-print titles, and no one cares to see that.

The nonexistent role-playing game I wish I owned (because a friend of mine would dearly love to play it) would be an adaptation of Tron. I would want it to be streamlined, fast, and awe-inspiring in play. I would want special Tron dice and Tron dice trays and a landscape Tron GM screen and a rule book that looks gorgeous in both print and PDF. And I want interactive player character sheets with graphics and sound effects that the GM can alter remotely during the game.

It sounds crazy and it will never happen (and if it did it wouldn't be nearly as good as I'm envisioning it), but that would be my wish. Short of that, I'll just have to homebrew my own version.

[For more information on #RPGaDay (or #RPGaDay2023 specifically), read this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment