13 August 2023

RPGaDay 2023: Day 13

13. Most memorable character DEMISE

The winner of "Most Memorable Character Demise" goes to one of my wife's 0 level characters in Sanctum of the Snail, a Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG adventure included in the first issue of Crepuscular (obtainable here). I can't reveal the cause of death, as it would be a spoiler (and that's the problem with this question), but I can say that her character had two options. Upon taking the correct option, which yielded something beneficial, she then decided to take the second option also (over the objections of her fellow player) and paid the fatal consequence. Those who have played or run the adventure might know the situation to which I am referring, and can well imagine the facial expressions of onlookers. I wish I could say more. Rest in Peace, 0 level daredevil who knew no fear and took every risk that confronted her. If we ever find her character sheet, I'll post it here.*

[For more information on #RPGaDay (or #RPGaDay2023 specifically), read this.]

[Edit: I previously stated that the name of the adventure was Sailors on the Starless Sea, but I had misremembered.]

* I found her character sheet and realized I can't post it due to spoilers, but I can share her non-spoilery character generation info.

Name: Zip
0 level Rutabega Farmer (she/her)
Strength: 14 (+1)
Agility: 16 (+2)
Stamina: 4 (-2)
Personality: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 15 (+1)
Luck: 14 (+1)
Armor Class: 12
Hit Points: 1
Lucky Sign: Bountiful Harvest (+1 hit points per level)
Weapon: pitchfork
Equipment: hen, holy symbol
Starting Funds: 42 copper pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment