10 September 2024

Blogs... in... Space!!!

I would like to thank everyone who left a comment on the previous article, "In Space, Can Anyone Hear You Blog?" Blogger provides no method of conveying approval short of comments, so I appreciate each and every one of them. For a brief time, Blogger incorporated the "+1" function familiar to Google+ users. It was similar to the "Like" and "Heart" of other social media platforms. It may not have offered the personal touch of a comment, but at least one knew that someone, somewhere, had read the article and enjoyed it enough to share that fact. Meanwhile, tracking the "views" on Blogger is pointless due to its inaccuracy. (Would you believe this blog occasionally has more readers in Singapore than in the United States? Neither do I.) Being added to blogrolls is helpful, but with more readers resorting to feeds, it isn't as helpful as it used to be. Unless I start a Patreon (and I know my blogs are not popular enough for that), the only way I can gauge whether anyone is reading anything I write is when I see the occasional comment. Towards that end, if it makes it easier, you are welcome to comment anonymously and just leave a "!" or an emoticon or a meme on any article in any of my blogs. I don't know if other bloggers would consider it annoying, but any kind of positive comment motivates me to keep blogging. Please consider it. Maybe, someday, it could become a universal method of encouraging bloggers everywhere.

That's all for today. Tomorrow, I shall blog again.

Be seeing you...

3 comments:

  1. I feel every word the same. Blogrolls are the only source of new readers actually, so at least myself try to add everyone I can. It also serves as my daily newspaper: always 5 or 6 new entries per day, there is always a good one at least.

    ReplyDelete