29 September 2026

Hello-ween, Goodbye Blogging Challenge

I am disappointed but unsurprised that I have received no suggestions in answer to my request for October blogging challenges. Once again, my aspirations to engage in Halloween-themed blogging exercises before the onset of Christmastime overwork are nothing more than ashes. I have searched in vain, but the age of great search engines is likely condemned to the past. I need an outside impetus to aid me in my end-of-the-year blogging, but I have neither prompts nor encouragement. Unless I have a sudden inspiration in the next few days, October will continue to be just another month.

To my actual living readers: Hello! Thank you for reading. Sorry about the preceding paragraph. I am fighting a headache and various feelings of existential dread. How are you?

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know of an actually-existing blogging challenge, but one occurred to me reading your post. Suppose that each of the traditional trappings of modern Western Halloween (dressing up, carving pumpkins, distributing candy, fake haunted houses, etc.) evolved in your roleplaying world for a specific and practical reason. Why? What might happen if you didn't do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! That's an intriguing idea, especially from a world-building perspective. You could create an entire campaign setting based on that premise.

      Delete