I've given it some thought, and today I finally feel inspired enough to participate in the room-a-day megadungeon challenge. Yes, it means I am two months and a week behind schedule, but I'd rather be inspired and have a late start than uninspired and on time.
I prefer to have a strategy with any undertaking, and my strategy will be this:
- I'll start with a concept: the dungeon of Castle Greyauk.
- It will be a funhouse dungeon, a fungeon.
- At first, I will map it with early published random dungeon generators e.g., 1e AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide (Appendix A, pp. 169-173).
- I'll stock it partly randomly, partly not-randomly.
- Gradually, I'll replace the use of the published random dungeon generators with one of my own for comparison.
- Throughout, I will plant the seeds of the main theme and underlying Secret Themes.
- It will be system neutral, but I might include stats for several different RPGs (Thieves' World-style).
- Later, I just might publish it.
A plan so crazy, it just might work...
Will read, you have inspired me to undertake this chakllenge at some point!!!!!!ReplyDelete