08 January 2018

All the Dice

I was pleased to support the latest Kickstarter project by Impact Miniatures (being that it fulfills my dream of having all the dice: d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d9, d10/d%, d11, d12, d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, d18, d19, d20, d22, d24, d26, d28, d30, a.k.a. the "One of Everything" reward level), but there is one catch to this wealth of randomizers: keeping them properly sorted. Keeping six different dice sorted can be challenging to a novice, 14 Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG dice can get confusing even to an experienced player, but 24 dice can vex anyone. A dice organizer for this many dice would be time-consuming to make, take up too much table space, and require fastidious attention to ensure that each die was in its proper place. Instead, I opted to make them easier to sort by re-inking the highest number on each die. I used a red Micron pen, which works well enough, but I think I will try using a sable brush and some paint to do a more thorough job.

Does it work? Yes it does and quite nicely, too.

Easy Roller dice tray and many dice.

NB: I chose not to ink the d3 and d10/d% dice because a.) both of the d3 dice are obvious and b.) the high numbers on d10/d% dice can vary depending on how they are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment