01 January 2016

Applying Phantasticality in 2016

Last year was a quiet one for Applied Phantasticality. I posted only 12 articles, which is the least I've posted since I started this Web log. On the bright side, it gives me a low hurdle to overcome this year. I also have three other gaming Web logs that need my attention, so it remains a challenge nonetheless.

In 2016, I will be slightly adjusting the focus of Applied Phantasticality. Swords & Wizardry White Box has been moving to the center of my experiments with Old School Renaissance gaming, and it will remain an area of concentration, but this year I will also be giving a significant amount of attention to Dungeon Crawl Classics. (I backed the 4th printing Kickstarter project, so I should be getting my hardcover copy of the rules in April.) Session reports for both games will follow as soon as gaming resumes.

I'm still tinkering with my OD&D-inspired house rules, but I will probably hash out a definitive rule book before long.

Cargoes & Castaways continues to vex me for several reasons, one of which is its relationship to Swords & Wizardry and the Open Game License. (How compatible do I want it to be? Do I really want to deal with the OGL?) Then there is the issue of illustrating it (or not). I'd love to make it available in PDF and print, but until I can resolve those issues, it will languish in Limbo.

Whatever else the year has in store, I hope there will be plenty of gaming.

Happy New Year!

Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment