24 August 2015

Dark Albion Is Here

This is something I remembered to post on Google+, but forgot to post here: my alternate hardcover edition of Dark Albion by RPGPundit. It is a setting book for any edition of Dungeons & Dragons or its clones and close kinfolk, and I intend to run it using my version of Swords & Wizardry White Box (quite probably with some of the optional rules at the end of book, which look very promising). Dark Albion is set in a quasi-historical 15th century Britain where folkloric beasts linger at the edge of civilization and magic is real. Both are far less common than they are in standard fantasy gaming fare, and the magic system is closely based on contemporary beliefs and practice. Social status is also of much greater importance, and may even cause player characters to become embroiled in the dynastic struggles of the Wars of the Roses. France, meanwhile, is ruled by amphibious humanoids. As I said, it's quasi-historical. I can't wait to give it a go.


Dark Albion (original hardcover)
Dark Albion (alternate hardcover)

No comments:

Post a Comment