22 August 2017

RPGaDAY 2017: Day 22

22. Which RPGs are the easiest for you to run?

The easy answer would be the role-playing games I've run or played the most, which would be Dungeons & Dragons and various Chaosium games utilizing the Basic Role-Playing framework. Between games I've played the least or only read, I'd say the answer would be the games with the fewest and/or best organized rules and (if I'm running a published adventure) the most streamlined, improvisation-friendly published adventures. I find it much easier to run games that have easily internalized, intuitive game mechanics, and I prefer rules that fade into the background and use as little meta jargon as possible. I'm still exploring which of those games are easiest for me to run.

[For more information on #RPGaDAY (or #RPGaDAY2017 specifically), read this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment