29 April 2013

Mysterious Disappearances

For Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day, I attempted to post the rough draft of a new role-playing game inspired by Jules Verne's Mysterious Island (and other sources), but Blogger's limitations forced me to break it up into six separate articles. Blogger also demonstrated an eccentric interpretation of HTML, which caused me to get only two hours of sleep as I spent the night rectifying it. In the aftermath, Cargo & Castaways seems to have generated no interest that I can detect, so I have deleted the articles. For the moment, the game is in suspended animation. When I have finished it, I'll release it as a PDF. I realize I got a bit carried away with the event and should have limited myself to a short article instead of embarking on a large project on short notice. I'll know better next time.

2 comments:

  1. I read and enjoyed it. Should have commented earlier, but my time online has been much curtailed of late. Anyway, I look forward to the PDF when you get it done. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I, too, have been spending less time online recently, so I understand.

      Delete